Existing Member?

Pilgrims

Buses and the Art of Travel

COSTA RICA | Tuesday, 24 April 2007 | Views [760] | Comments [1]

El Banco National Costa Rica

El Banco National Costa Rica

Howdy folks - well Gabriel and I have finally left San Jose. The really sad part about being there, other than having to deal with the lost baggage department, is that the streets of San Jose are largely considered unsafe for foreigners after dark these days, which is very different from my last visit. The crack epedemic has well and truly hit and although there are many great things to do and see in San Jose , it certainly took away ther old world charm I remember from my previous visits, seeing the mass of homelessness and general violence and chaos of the streets. But onto better times! Gabriel and I left yesterday after a incredibly frustrating and lengthy negotiations about buses for the South Pacific coast - we arrived tired and happy in a little piece of paradise called Uvita. It's about a million degrees and I haven't stopped sweating but I've been smiling since we arrived. Uvita is only about 200k's from Puerto Jimenez and just gorgeous, beaches, coconuts, happy friendly locals and good food and oh I'm just happy I guess - please see photos.

Angels led us to a fantastic hotal here at about midnight last night, run by a nice family with two kids Gabriels age, who quickly formed a small gang and are generally froliking and harrassing the local patrons. Looking at about three days here before we head to Jimenez (lots of lovely encouraging emails from the family)


Amor y besos a todos

Tags: Laughter

Comments

1

yayyayayayayyaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yay
!

  james Apr 25, 2007 10:22 AM

About katebravado


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.