Existing Member?

Pilgrims

La Primera Dia

COSTA RICA | Saturday, 21 April 2007 | Views [691] | Comments [2]

Well - we´ve been on planes or in airports now for 22 hours straight, 12 of which we were seated next to notorious Sydney gangsta Bra Boy Coby Abberton who is really just a young man with terribly sad eyes, he gave us two apples. American Airlines lost gabriels´back pack somewhere between LAX and Costa Rica and I had a bolshy flight attendant insinuate that having a beer at 10am might be a bit much for a mother travelling with her young son, but fortunatley none of this has dampened our spirits and we are happily ensconced in a cosy backpackers named ´La Tranquila´in San Jose Costa Rica, where we will eat empanadas and wait for the arrival of Gabriel´s bag and then head directly for the pacific coast - whooshhh.  

one weary smiling girl and young lad signing out - buenas noches 

Tags: Airports

Comments

1

i agree!10 oclock?good lord. at least i waited till eleven to knock over a bottle of red today....so glad youre safe.and really,what kind of enrichment can Gabriel expect if he doesnt lose at least one piece of baggage along the way.best to get it over and done with early in the show.....um...and well...ive been pretty much doing NOTHING.love yas.xxxx

  katherine Apr 21, 2007 6:29 PM

2

morning/evening/afternoon - did you suggest the lack of professionalism of said hostess for not calculating correct timezones for the citizen drinking beer?
and coby abberton ay? did anything else happen other than an apple exchange?
well, i worked fiday, went to a fondue dinner party and today have been reading "Thinking from A to Z" by Nigel Warburton, here's an A for you.....'the ad hominem move': Latin phrase meaning 'to the perosn'. Used in two main ways....1. shifting attention from main point in question to some non-relevant aspect of the person making it...eg...someone might argue that we shouldn't take seriously the findings of a medical scientist who had researched the beneficial effects of jogging on the cardiovascular system on the grounds that the scientist was overweight and probably couldn't run more than a hundred yards......2. if someone argues both that all killing is morally wrong and that there is nothing immoral about capital punishment, then (provided that you can demonstrate that capital punnishment is a form of killing - not a difficult task), you can use an ad hominem arguement in response. (sometimes known as the 'you too', or 'tu quoque', move).
now that i've told you about it i'm sure you'll be having ad hominem moments everywhere - just like the 'buy a white car see white cars everywhere' theory.....
this is probably too much info for a blog site - apologies....
love 2 u 2 - i wish i was there even though as i'm sure you've realised reading my email that 'thinking from a to z' is quite a blast!
CIAO CIAO CIAO
n.

  naomi Apr 21, 2007 7:19 PM

About katebravado


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.