Existing Member?

Josh and Shona's Excellent Adventure

A reflection of what just happened.

CANADA | Wednesday, 3 June 2009 | Views [303]

Here's a compressed, all-killa-no-filla, highlights package from Brisbane to Vancouver

  • Pulling in at Warpole, West Aus, cause it was getting late and dark, we came across a lodge run by Bill Lawry's cousin, a mad keen former player herself who insisted I have a beer and watch a replay of the cricket game played the day before.
  • The white, white, white sand of Esperance. No other beaches anywhere I've been has had sand as white.
  • Getting seriously messed up with jet-lag both in Auckland and in LA. Not really a highlight, but memorable.
  • Tijuana, Mexico. For the fact tequila is served like tap water and somehow I was tipsy by 1pm.
  • The National Parks of America. Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Sequoia, Death Valley and Joshua Tree. All magnificent.
  • Coming across a racist native american. Although he self proclaimed he was an american indian. He didn't like the mexicans. Very funny.
  • Talking to a REAL native american. You know, someone without white skin. He didn't think much of the anti-mexican indian we'd met earlier.
  • Losing the following items:

Electrical adapter, pair of trousers, laptop case, sunglasses, shampoo and conditioner, 2 flash drives, the lid only off a bottle of cleanser and body wash.

  • Having a conversation about The Minutemen (a vigilante group) with two guys, one all for and one against. Classic example of America's divided political opinion.
  • San Francisco. And the segway. Enough said.
  • Walking out of Vegas with more money than I came with.
  • Putting money on black like EVERYONE said. It came up red.
  • By dumb luck booking a private tour of Monument Valley with the afore mentioned native american (not the pseudo racist one)
  • Shona getting scared by a squirrel, coyote and various birds. 
  • and finally, Vancouver. It is one stunning setting for a city.

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.