Existing Member?

Josh and Shona's Excellent Adventure

The reason why I love doing this.

CANADA | Saturday, 27 June 2009 | Views [403]

Here's a story that can only seem to unfold when you are a far out of your comfort zone and have your priorities a little muddled.

After a 3am viewing of the State of Origin, I managed to pull of a quiet day at work without feeling any fatigue and generally working quietly.

That evening we went to a brewery in the middle of the city, which for reasons we didn't question, gave everyone free beer. Now free beer is one thing, but quality, free beer is extra special and after managing to down eight, I was corralled oh so difficultly into a nearby bar.

At the table beside us was a small birthday party, which generously offered us some left over cake. Our gratitude was shown when we belted out Happy Birthday to some poor woman. Unbelievably the rendition was so appreciated a fellow birthday party invitee picked up our tab.

That took me to a total of 10 free beers. And I headed home. Not before trying to convince my new best friend to get the waitress' number... you can imagine just how coherant the conversation went.

Reluctantly I went into work, again just trying to stay under the radar. My croaky voice and red, red eyes were not conducive for this. And that's where the story ends right. No.

That day was the company's 40th birthday and a bbq was held. A hot greasy burger was just what I needed, and sitting outside casually chatting, with live music (yes there was a open mic) creating a mood much more comfortable for a hangover.

Until, the president of the company asks me to blow out the candles to the bloody cake infront of 200+ other staff and immortalised in photographs my hungover thumbs up will be a classic for sure. No-one commented for the rest of the day, and I'm now recognised as the guy who blew out the candles. 

The world's most indirect travellers, Josh and Shona.

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.