Existing Member?

Josh and Shona's Excellent Adventure

Arrival to Canada

CANADA | Friday, 29 May 2009 | Views [318]

We got into canada aye ok, just had a very slow man doing the paper work, but we have work permits in our passports and that is all that matters.

we have now been in Canada for a week. we had a busy first couple of days with the getting of a tax number, bank account, phone number.  all done in half a day.  the next day we managed to find a place to live. so thought we were doing rather well on that front, now is just the job search.

We haven't really done much in vancouver just yet, on the weekend we went wondering to the beach, granville island and round  downtown, It is a lovely city with the real spring/summer feel in the air.

We stayed in a hostel downtown for the first 6nights, it was alright spent alot of the evenings downstairs drinking in the bar. we are now living in a three bed unit and an area about 3 train stops from downtown.  it is one of the best places to live in vancouver so we were luckly to find it.  we are living with two other canadian guys. the house needs a good clean but does have a fantastic roof top deck with views of the city and all the surrounding mountians.

we are currently just job searching and finding our way round our new neighbourhood.

shona and joshua

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.