Existing Member?

Un paseo por el mundo Colombia, Islas Shetland, Portugal ,Malta, los Balcanes y Estambul.

Tayrona Natural Park

SPAIN | Friday, 13 November 2009 | Views [629]

This park is about one hour from Santa Marta and it belongs to the Sierra Nevada. I book a day trip with an agency and I spent the day with a group of Colombians and an italian guy. It is allow to go inside of the park alone but there have been some cases of people who has missed (Police showed to us a picture of a missed girl two days ago), however, lots of foreigners walk without a local guide in order to find a place to camp close to the beach.

Humedity is very high but you can have a bath in a good beach after two hours in one of the most beautiful places of the Colombian Coast. Contrast between the green of the trees and the blue of the sea is amazing! There is a place where you can hire a Hamack, camp with your own tent, and have lunch, but be prepared to pay a price like in a very good restaurant of Santa Marta, and it is not worth! There are lots of foreigners, most of them like hippies, looking for meet with somebody like them. I have been very lucky not to find any of this people in the countryside of Colombia! This place is to spend the day and go back to your hotel at night, then it is a safety place!

There is another place inside of the park, pueblito, but I asked if I could see some indigenous population and I was told a couple of indigenous live in this old village in order to sell their handcrafts, and I could see two or three houses which have been rebuilt; then I decided not to go, even when I had to pay 70 euros for a day trip!

About jose_chache


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.