Existing Member?

Un paseo por el mundo Colombia, Islas Shetland, Portugal ,Malta, los Balcanes y Estambul.

Medellin

SPAIN | Thursday, 22 October 2009 | Views [411]

This is the city of Botero, one of the most famous Colombian artists, and his sculptures are showed outside of the Antioquia Museum, where some of his  paintings can be  seen too. Gardel died here, so his music the Tango is playing in most of  the pubs,  and I would say there are more pubs with Tango than in Argentina. In this city you can go by a cable car, which is the only cable car that belongs to an underground in the world. There are lots of restaurants with a great food, better than in the eje cafetero, and malls for shopping, something that to the girls can make very happy! I have seen the most beautiful girls since I arrived to Colombia two weeks ago, and this can be a very good reason to stay longer in!

 I am in the Casa Dorada Hotel, which is  in the dowmtown, and everybody is very friendly. I went to the university with Vladimir, a teacher of economics, this morning and I could visit an university. I was talking with a group of students about development proyects of ecotourism in the countryside, and I will go back on friday evening with another group. We will work to manage a Tourism Proyect development in the Choco Department. After the chat of the friday we will go for a drink together.

Next destination, Cartagena de Indias, which takes 12 hours by bus, can be wait!

About jose_chache


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.