Existing Member?

Where's Jonny? Care to dine with me? You would think that 11 years of daily food tasting for a living might put me off?......au contraire! Chomp away with me across 6 continents. Seduced like a bloodhound to the scent of good food, I anticipate the misty waft of steaming broths, the satisfying crunch of mudbugs and the vibrant aroma of freshly pulverised lemongrass. Buon appetito

Everyone`s kissing in Chile

CHILE | Monday, 20 August 2007 | Views [1515]

Paris is SO last season.  There`s clearly something in the Andean air of Chile and its not just pollution.

It appears that Santiago is the new place to "elope by the slopes."

The snow capped mountains may be minus 40 but the temperature in Santiago is HOT HOT HOT.

The main activities of Chile are skiiing, climbing, wine tasting and SNOGGING.  They`re at it everywhere.  On street corners, bus stations, rail platforms, cafes, parks and on buses, tongues are being thrust down throats.  I put my English reserve aside for a moment and admire what must be my first encounter with latin spirit.

Chilean girls are an attractive bunch and Maria is currently in LA....... so what have I been up to ALONE in Chile?

Well last night I went for a meal in a restaurant with someone I just met in a bar.  Called, "Zully," (the restaurant) it exuded romance with  tasteful decorations in an impactful colonnial building of many rooms and floors.  We walked up white marble stairs lined with rose petals to our table which flickered under dim light.

Even our table had rose petals adorning its surface and we enjoyed long flutes of Pisco sour as an aperitif.  They looked beautiful with light egg white foam and an Angostura sunset in the centre.  The setting was perfect.

Incidentally, heres the recipe

3\4 glass Lemon juice

3 shots of PISCO (strong Chilean\Peruvian spirit)

1 1\2 glasses of Jarabe de goma (a sugar syrup)

2x egg whites

splash of Angasturas bitters

As the light faded on the surrounding Andes mountains we ate the meal with Chilean red served in huge bowls.  Our 3 courses included rack of lamb and tuna carpaccio.  The setting was perfect.

Unfortunately my partner for the evening was a auburn-haired Danish chap called Soeren.  Great company, great conversation but that`s all.

  

Tags: Food & eating

 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.