Existing Member?

Where's Jonny? Care to dine with me? You would think that 11 years of daily food tasting for a living might put me off?......au contraire! Chomp away with me across 6 continents. Seduced like a bloodhound to the scent of good food, I anticipate the misty waft of steaming broths, the satisfying crunch of mudbugs and the vibrant aroma of freshly pulverised lemongrass. Buon appetito

When Jonny met Sydney

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 10 July 2007 | Views [970]

Street art at Bondi beach

Street art at Bondi beach

We met after I had travelled 4 weeks north in a Camper van. I was lightly tanned but Sydney was a bit cold and unfortunately quite windy.

Sydney is young, exciting, clean shaven and very well connected. The air he harbours is fresh from the ocean.

He's into business but plays hard too. Apparently he lights up spectacularly in the New Year.

His tastes are similar to mine in many respects. He loves opera and the arts but does enjoy a beer and the pub.

He is sport crazy and considers me an opponent although his football rules differ greatly from the ones I am used to though.

Sydney has many levels. He can be camp at times, extremely trendy and more cosmopolitan than his friends. He can be bohemian, a surf dude and even a gourmond. I think he has a fair bit of money in his pockets.

Sydney knows a great fish market which is second in size only to Tokyo.

At the moment he's into Wagyu beef which is based on the rearing methods of "Kobe" beef, regarded as the best and most expensive in the world. He tells me he's exporting it to the Japanese. I like his innovative nature and creative use of ideas.

Although he loves fine food and wine, he is still a pie eater. The portions he likes are truly HUGE.

Well, we can't all be perfect.

Tags: Adventures

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.