Existing Member?

Year around the world

Whistler part 2

CANADA | Wednesday, 16 January 2013 | Views [267]

 

Journal 2

Hello again from Whistler.
Yesterday was eventful with a zip line tour across the valley of Fitzsimmons creek between Whistler and Blackcomb. (Check out the photos and videos below.)  I felt like an adult child walking through tree houses and bridges at the canopy level of the rain forest. Also the zip line is next to the Olympic bobsled track and I'm very temped to buy a cool runnings DVD and matching Lycra Jamaican speed suit off eBay for 40 bucks and head off sledding. 
 
The weather here has warmed up to about -1 to -8 degrees on the mountain, compared to the high wind -18 on the peak that we had to endure! There has not been much snowfall recently but there is a solid base and lots of empty runs to have fun on. Sarah and I are trying to cut down on the white chocolate waffles but the smell is too overpowering and we've had little to no success. We still have 45 days left in whistler and were trying to get out as much as possible and riding until the last lift .  
 
Thinking of family/friends back home.
 
Cheers,
Ollie and Sarah
 
 
zip lining video
http://youtu.be/LJ5vSZTIp0E
 
 View from the ultimate tree house
Whistler zip line
 
more photos (me in front of a bearded tree)
 
 
 
 
Things are slightly different in Canada
 
 
 
The walk to creekside
 
 
 
Sunset at creekside
 
 
Harmony ridge (the run is straight ahead)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

About joliver4567


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.