Existing Member?

Year around the world

Whistler - Part 3

CANADA | Wednesday, 20 February 2013 | Views [478]

 Hello all! Well it's been a while since my last post but I felt there wasn't much to update on as Sarah and I have been running a strict routine of eating, sleeping and skiing. Sarah has come a long way with skiing and is taking on some hard gladed moguly blacks and zipping down the blues. While I've been practicing 180's, jumps and boxes at the terrain park. Sarah also had a great birthday and thanks all of her well wishes. 

 
Yesterday was a great day with the skeleton riding at the Vancouver 2010 Olympic track. I managed to come across a Jamacian bobsled suit and a copy of Cool Runnings on DVD. So I watched the DVD and got inspired and headed down to the track. (about 10mins walk and a 2min gondola ride). After a quick safety briefing and a couple of chuckles about the suit, we were at the start line. Man it was a rush and there are a fair amount of g's as its hard to keep your head up off the track. I clocked two 29.6 second runs with a max speed of 99.5 km/h. Well worth the visit and would love to do it again. 
 
It won't be long until we leave Whistler for the east coast of America. We've loved our stay here but looking forward to the next leg of the trip. 
Missing Australia!

 

James and Sarah

Symphony

 

XL terrain park - two story house jumps

 

Olympic run home

 

Blackcomb glacier

 

Couloir Extreme - Double black

 

 

 

Jamaica we have a bobsled team!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

About joliver4567


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.