Existing Member?

John's Adventures

Sea Day - Day 14 of my trip

USA | Wednesday, 28 December 2016 | Views [224]

Finally, a Sea Day. Myself and the others have been looking forward to a day of rest. Not that the last 3 haven’t been relaxing. It’s just different when there is an ‘official sea day’ rather than a ‘not getting off the ship day’. Since we didn’t have a schedule, I slept in a bit. Joe called about 8:45 to meet him in the Lido for breakfast. When I went up there and was looking for Joe, I ran into Gary. We joined Joe and had our breakfast. The group had decided to purchase a shore excursion for tomorrow’s stop in Fiji. It involves a bus ride and we are just hoping the bus has air conditioning..and it works.

From breakfast, Joe and I went down to shower and change. We decided to catch the Culinary Demo because they were doing curried lamb. They also did a chilled mango soup with coconut AND ginger. I did not like it. After the demo, Joe and I just hung out for a bit then went to the Mid Ship Pool area for some iced tea and water. It was lunchtime, so it was crowded, but we managed to find a table. The staff seemed to have organized a water volleyball game and it was fun to watch them play.

I had won a 2 for 1 ticket for the slot tournament, which I had given to Joe. He wanted to play in it this trip. It started at 1 and I went with him to be his cheerleader. After 2 games, I had to leave for bridge. He ended up getting knocked out of the game. I played bridge with Eric again and we had a very nice time. Some interesting hands were dealt and that made the duplicate game fun. Kevin and Gary played as N-S Team 1, while Eric and I were E-W Team 1. We’ll see how we did later tonight or tomorrow.

Happy hour was spent at the Ocean View bar on Deck 3. Around 5:15 I came down to the room to work on the blog and Joe was going to his room. Gary went also to take a nap. Men of a certain age need rest. Keven went down to take a nap at 4. Even the younger ones need rest.

Dinner is in the main dining area and I have a dilemma. Prime rib and lamb chops are both on the menu for mains. And bruschetta, beet and blue cheese and black bean soup are all on for starters. Too many favorites at one time. I think I am going to have 3 starters, bruschetta, beets and the third is going to be the lamb chops. In past cruises I have asked them to turn a main into a starter and they have done that. I have also ordered 2 entrees, but that just makes one look bad. It’s OK for breakfast, but a bit much for dinner….although, I have done it when I can’t pick between two favorites. See how difficult life on board a ship can be for someone.

I have finally found a program with a spell checker. This netbook doesn't have Word or Wordperfect and Windows Notepat or Wordpad don't have spell checkers. Finally found that I could use MS Mail without conncecting to the internet. Good for me.

Tonight we also have another time change.  We are in the time zone right West of the International Date Line.  Lost 2 hours in the last two days.  Have to get to bed early.  Room service breakfast arrives at 7:00 AM.  I hate getting up that early, but I do want to see the sights of Fiji.  We have a shore excursion tomororow.

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.