Existing Member?

John's Adventures

2nd Sea Day

USA | Friday, 23 December 2016 | Views [238]

Another sea day coming up today.  Joe, Gary and I met for breakfast at the Vista Dining Hall.  Kevin and Joe had eaten earlier so Joe just had coffee and a bit of oatmeal.  After breakfast we went shopping.  Holland America has a T-shirt sale once or twice a cruise.  I just had to buy a souvenir shirt.  From there I came back to the room to do some on-line work and take a nap.  I was still a bit tired and wanted to rest up for bridge.  On the way I stopped in at the Neptune Lounge.  It's a private area for suite guests only.  I felt so important.  I had the attendant make reservations for dinner tonight and also for the Pinnacle Grill for Christmas Eve.  Thanks for the dinner Greg.  He had called in a dinner for me, great Christmas Present.  The reservation he made was on the 21st, but I didn't see the card until the  22nd, so I just had my man change it.  I am getting used to the life for privileged people.  It's going to be rough having to do everything for myself when I get off this ship....maybe I will just stay here forever.

I skipped lunch, but Joe, Kevin and Gary ate at the Lido.  I joined the bridge players in the Hudson room for more duplicate bridge.  Eric and I had taken 4th yesterday and Kevin and Gary took 2nd.  I played with Kevin today and we took 1st while Gary and Eric took first.  We played N-S and Gary played E-W.

From bridge Gary and I went to Happy Hour in the Crow's Nest ( Deck 10) and Joe had Happy Hour by himself in the Ocean Bar.   We had our wires crossed.  Kevin, Joe and I met the LGBT group at 6:30 in the Ocean Bar.  Gary decided to go to his stateroom and rest and get ready for dinner.  Around 7:00 I went down to change and met the group in the Vista Hall at 7:30.  Dinner was good, but not great.  London broil steaks with salad and brie in phylo for starters.

After dinner Gary and Kevin went to their rooms and Joe and I went to the casino.  Joe had good luck this afternoon playing while we did bridge so he didn't gamble tonight.  He watched me contribute to the retirement fund for casino executives.  Obviously they don't know that I have a Neptune Suite.  I did win a raffle though.  I got a T-shirt, pen, used deck of cards, and a bracelet for the 'Lady in my Life',  I traded that in for a billfold and a business card holder.   With that BIG WIN.  I went back to the room.

I made plans to have the group meet at my stateroom tomorrow morning.  We sail through the reefs at 8:00 ish and then through the lagoon in Nuemea, New Caledonia.   Docking is projected for 9:30.

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.