Existing Member?

Joe's World Backpacking Trip Stories and pics from my travels.

Louisiana. 1043 Miles so far.

USA | Monday, 22 March 2010 | Views [385] | Comments [1]

I'm taking a half day today because a big cold front just passed and there are 30 MPH headwinds.  It should clear up by tomorrow so I'll just let it pass.  I decided to go North from New Orleans and pass through Baton Rouge and then West towards Texas.  I wanted to follow the coast in the South but I needed to cross a bridge that had no shoulder and it was rush hour.  I didn't feel like getting killed outside of New Orleans so I changed my route and went North then West.  It worked out, it was all flat and the weather was nice up until yesterday.  I've been averaging around 75 miles a day for the past couple days so I can afford a half day today.  I still ended up having to hitch a ride over the bridge from Baton Rouge to the West.  None of the cities I've been to yet have been set up for bikers or pedestrians at all.  I appreciate the shoulders on most of the roads I've been on but most of these big cities don't even have sidewalks.  Other than that I've loved riding through Louisiana, most of the drivers are reasonable and I've eaten enough poboys for the rest of my life.  I'm looking forward to some Tex-Mex.

Tags: bicycle trip, louisiana, touring trip.

 

Comments

1

Joe Joe, can you not take any photos? They would be interesting to see. If you can, get someone to photograph you and your bike. Hey, when are you going to try and call me again?

  Uncle B Mar 24, 2010 4:06 AM

About joealotto13


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.