Existing Member?

Joe's World Backpacking Trip Stories and pics from my travels.

Bike Trip SC to AZ

USA | Friday, 26 February 2010 | Views [509]

My new adventure will be a cross country bicycle trip leaving on March 1st. 2010.  I've got all of my gear ready.  My panniers, tent, cooker and all my other camping stuff is packed and ready to go.  I'm winging it on the route, however.  I know I'll go South initially to Florida before heading West.  I want to take advantage of the warmer weather and flat ground of the Gulf Area.  Everything else is up in the air provided I arrive to Phoenix, eventually.  I'm also trying to raise money on the side for a fundraiser while I'm doing this.  It's for Homes For Our Troops.  I have the link bookmarked somewhere on this site, but I can't even find it so here's the link again.

http://www.homesforourtroops.org/goto/alottojoe

Just copy and paste this bad boy into your browser to check it out.  Not much else to write for this post since I haven't even left yet.  Well, hopefully by my next post I'll be a little bit further down the road and closer to the finish line.  But I'm not in any particular rush.  I want to see the people and the back roads of my country, I've seen so much of the world I need to catch up a little in my homeland.  I think doing it by bike will probably the best way to get closer to the people and the terrain, instead of speeding by on interstates going 80 miles per hour.  Everyone wish me luck.

Tags: arizona, bike trip, cross country, south carolina

 

About joealotto13


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.