Existing Member?

Joe's World Backpacking Trip Stories and pics from my travels.

Lisbon, Portugal

PORTUGAL | Tuesday, 23 September 2008 | Views [762] | Comments [1]

I couchsurfed with Luis and his flatmate Marcio in Lisbon from the 19th to the 23rd.  Luis showed me all the best places in Lisbon, some that tourists dont know about.  And at nights, I went out with him, Marcio and some of his friends in the area.  Great nightlife here, 90 cent beers and theyre open all night.  The people here dont stand in bars, they all crowd outside in the narrow cobblestoned streets, you have to weave your way through from bar to bar.  Staying in the Portugese capital with locals was an incredible experience, and provided an insight into the Portugese culture and social scene, I dont think many tourists are given this privelege.  This couchsurfing thing is unbelievable.

Tags: cheap beer, couchsurfing, kick ass nightlife, lisbon, portugal

 

Comments

1

Looks awsome so far.
It stirs the travel bug for sure, or maybe its just coco's mites. Cool to see a few pics in Portugal that bring back memories, but it sounds like you are getting a more indepth view of things by meeting locals. Been eating any good seafood from the markets?

  Jeremy Oct 19, 2008 3:19 PM

About joealotto13


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Portugal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.