Existing Member?

The little adventures of Jo! Travel with me on my overdue gap year around the world :)

Summer in Barcelona

SPAIN | Thursday, 6 June 2013 | Views [425]

It's my last day in Barcelona! The weather has been perfect - sunny, warm with blue skies and a gorgeous sea breeze. This is what I've been waiting for. Aah summer!!

Barcelona or Barca, is a bustling city which seems even more popular with tourists than Madrid. People come to Barcelona for these few things: the beach, the architecture, to party and the football. While I've visited the beach and seen the architecture, I am not remotely interested in going to the football and have not stepped into the party scene. So I have no comments about the latter! 
 
The architecture here is wacky to say the least. Truly a work of art, art being quite subjective, I'm not sure if I have a real appreciation for Modernisme and its favourite son, Gaudi. Still, it was interesting to see the buildings and see art resonate out into the street. I would definitely recommend a visit to Park Güell.
 
I had a lazy day yesterday, only going out to the beach to chill more and to the flamenco for a couple of relaxed drinks with friends. The beach here is cool although I miss the ones in Queensland. There are also quite a number of willing nudists, both women and men! 
 
I'm off to Perpignan tomorrow for an overnighter on my way to Avignon. :)

Tags: art, beaches, cities, european adventure, landmarks, sightseeing

About joannawong


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.