Existing Member?

THE AMAZING ADVENTURES OF JESS & DAN back on the road again...

Dresden

GERMANY | Friday, 16 May 2008 | Views [777] | Comments [1]

Yesterday we were picked up by Dans mums dads brother...does that make sense?i think its dans great uncle, in thier car and taken for lunch. Had good schnitzels and potatoes for lunch. Then taken for a tour of the old nazi camps and airfeild just outside of the main town of dresden, which were untouched after the huge allied bombings of 1945. They even had their own pools-which helmut drove past and pointed out several times..i think he likes the pool. Then we visited the two different houses helmut and the family grew up in and then saw their house, met their grandaughter heike and walked around their garden patch..helmut grows his own apples and they are delicious..im eating one right now!

Helmut then showed us the old family photos of him and his brother sigi (dans opa)when they were younger. Also watched an old video of tina-dans mum and michael-dans uncle when they were younger in germany..tina you were such a cutie! Helmut also had a lot of pictures showing dresden before and after the bombings. He and his wife explained alot of what happened to them and their family, and although we may not have understood all of it, it was easy to understand how devastating it was. Helmuts wife then babbled for quiet a long time to us in german...brenton, i knew i should have packed u into my suitcase!

When we came back to the hostel, our roomate was a fellow aussie who showed us a good place to eat..subway. it was late and we have been eating alot of kebabs, so subway was the other cheap option late at night. Just sitting chatting with some people in the hostel, and met a lady who was travelling with her daughter..conversation as follows...

Us: Where are you from?

Her: Melbourne.

Us: Where abouts?

Her: uh..eastern suburbs...do you know OLINDA!!!!

its crazy that in dresden, germany we met a lady who lives 5 minutes away from us. She also knew the cafe that amy works at in olinda. but wait..it still gets freakier...

later on we met her daughter,Sarah. Got talking to her about what schools and blah blah...she started dropping names from our year level..conversation as follows:

Sarah: Yeah i know a few people from mt lilydale. What year did u finish?

amy and i: 2003

Sarah: are u serious..do you know dylan murdoch?

amy: yep...how do you know him..cz u look kinda familiar??

Sarah: Yeah we dated for a couple of years..i prob saw u at some mt lilydale parties...

Jess: Were u at the red earth fest with dylan when we saw 28 days? (I was there when i was dating dan noy, and kinda remember dylan being there with a girl)

So in the end, met the mother whos been to amys restaurant and the daughter whom i had already met years ago..all in germany. kinda freaky!!

Going to have dinner with dans family tonight, apaarently some kinda of gathering. should be good.

love to all. Enjoy your weekends.

Love jess

xooxx

oxox

Comments

1

My god its a small world - cant believe that! and YES YOU SHOULD HAVE PACKED ME IN YOUR SUITCASE!!!!!

  Brenton Millott May 17, 2008 9:13 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.