Existing Member?

THE AMAZING ADVENTURES OF JESS & DAN back on the road again...

Vienna for a day

AUSTRIA | Saturday, 3 May 2008 | Views [623]

dear all,

we decided that as much fun as we were having in linz, we should leave and see a little more of austria...so we took a day trip to vienna. there were no signs of dan and amys hangover remaining because we spent the whole day before resting. the train to vienna took an hour and a half, and we arrived by 9.30am. We hadnt realised that vienna was booked out because there was a a massive weekend festival, so the city was packed full. We wandered the streets, vienna was beautiful with a huge number of old buildings, it almost felt like stepping back in time. And as ai said, the streets were packed with FOOD stalls..lol, i know more food stories..and bands and even an orchestra. We saw the Hofburg palace and St Stephesons church in the town centre. It was a beautiful blue sky day so the photos look awesome.

Vienna has a huge number of museuems and because we have already been to an art and archelogical museum, we picked the natural history museum. I have never seen such a huge collection of stuffed animals and rocks in my entire life. every single animal, reptile and bug was in the musuem..very dead though. They also dinosaurs and a piece of the moon. Also had a small section of living animals, and i saw my first chameleon..kinda ugly and cute at the same time.

Watched a hippy rally,..no idea what the problem was..but there was a lot of pictures of marijuana..who knows.

Had a good day in vienna and dragged ourselves back on the train and crashed into bed.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Austria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.