Existing Member?

THE AMAZING ADVENTURES OF JESS & DAN back on the road again...

its so cold...

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 30 April 2008 | Views [419] | Comments [7]

hello from freezing austria!! we caught the train today from venice to salzburg..a 7 hour journey in total. The train ride through austria was beautiful though. We can see snow on the mountains and can def feel the cold. we had taken the amazing weather in greece and italy for granted because we are now feeling the chill here..everything here is soo green, i dont know if thats just compared to how yellow everything is at home or just because it is sooo green here, you know when you draw grass you find the brightest green texta..thats the colour of everything here.

not too much else to report, apart from we arrived safely in salzburg and are watching the sound of music in the background. its a nice hostel bt we could only get 1 night here so we will be making the most of tomoroow and then we have 4 nights booked i linz, which from there we will visit vienna and a few other places we want to see. mum you will be proud of how organised we are now!we have accomadation booked a whole week ahead! 4 nights in linz, 1 in cesky krumlov and then 2 nights in prague..how organised!we learnt our lesson in la spezia.

had an awesome schnitzel and strudel for dinner and big beers..was good and made us sleepy...

love to all

jess xoxoxo

Comments

1

we had a Wonderful time in Saltzburg and I am sure you will enjoy Vienna we did you are spending a lot of time travelling must be tiring ? enjoying your adventures and following them on the eurmap you gave us keeping very close to the dates you have on it lets hope it does not get too cold for you love Gma and Gpa

  val and mick Apr 30, 2008 9:18 AM

2

Hi all, Glad all is going well. Mum text me this morning and said weather and shops in Milan fantastic! Only 4 more sleeps to go for me. Getting very excited. Have had a headache since the weekend am excited but also must be a bit nervous as well. Keep enjoying yourselves. Luv Sue xx

  Sue Batten Apr 30, 2008 11:10 AM

3

this is a comment of pity...congratulations...haha....nah just tell amy cause she failed her first task...aka mile high...her second task is "Rail High" aha yeah....or has she already cracked the top of that one??haha...cya!!

  Brother Luke May 1, 2008 10:17 AM

4

oooooo u r in German speaking territory - me so envious!! Have a 1L Mass for me - aka a 1L Glass of beer. Schnitzel and Strudel, is there any sweeter combo...

Whats your plans after Prague?

  Brenton May 1, 2008 1:43 PM

5

im impressed that you are so organised with your accomadation. Schnitzel and strudel sound very yummy. seems like you are eating your way round europe!!!!!
everyone is enjoying reading your postcard including the girls at work(both new and old jobs)
love mum xxxxooooo

  mum May 1, 2008 6:06 PM

6

tell dan he didnt wake me up with his mesage at 3am this morning,haha i can sleep through anything! i didnt want to wb in a message incase i woke use,,again hehe.have fun! xx

  bec May 2, 2008 7:32 AM

7

Gidday!
At last you are somewhere I've been. We had 4 days in Vienna and also went to Salzburg, yes! the beers and Schnitzels are good. It's very beautiful countryside and we enjoyed our visit. Prague is great with so much to see, I was there last July/August. You have to go to the Charles bridge don't forget to rub the statue???? that's what I was told so I did. I made the to comment to your mum that food plays a huge part in your travels??? I hope that it is just that you are missing your mum's cooking. That's what Mat used always say.
Keep having a great time,
Cheers! Brenda

  Brenda May 2, 2008 7:34 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.