Existing Member?

Asia Adventure

Boracay Daze

PHILIPPINES | Wednesday, 26 November 2008 | Views [816]

Boracay

Boracay

Managed to bag a lastminute cheap flight to Boracay Island. Flew into a nearby airport then finally arrived after a bus and boat ride. All was well until I realised that I had left my guide book back at the hostel in manila in my mad dash for the flight. And with not really having a reservation for a bed I set off walking. As it was about 8pm at this stage and having a vague memory of some names from my guide book I finally found one called the Tree House. They had a bed for 200 pesos or about 4 euro ! Woke up the next morning and took in the 3 km of white sand beach and clear blue warm water.

It was the I realised that 1 week in the Philippines would not be enough so I quickly set about reorganising my schedule. Thus I am in this super country for 3 weeks altogether. Boracay was great just relaxing by the beach it was actually the first time I had stopped in about a month. Fell in with the local expat crowd in a nearby beach bar and was quickly enjoying 50c San Miguel Beers. The island`s electricity was only switched on at 5 o clock every evening, the posh places have generators but most do not, so it was a great to wander around the local markets and shops and just chill. Had some amazing food, and a fantastic bbq at the Red Pirates Bar with the locals on Friday Evening.

It was still quite enough as its not the crazy season yet but a good crowd  who were really friendly .The weather was great. After dispelling some thoughts of staying here until christmas I had another early morning and after a quick moto  was off on the boat back to the mainland.

 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.