Existing Member?

Asia Adventure

`Star Trek` con`td

PHILIPPINES | Monday, 8 December 2008 | Views [724]

After thanking our guide we were then back on something that at least resembled a path and after a final push we had reached the village of Batad. We had a fantastic view point over the Terraces and the entire village. After a quick breather we were off again to our pension house, our guide gave us one word of warning that we could only fall on our right hand side and that everything would be ok. We then had to walk along the Rice terrace themselves agian going up and down, preforming a not so entertaining balancing act. Our heads were kept down concentrating on hopping from one stone to the next ( the locals do it with ease, but with the rain still going strong it was a challenge to stay going, we all had a close call each, but the worst that could have happened would to be falling into a pool of mud a few meters down) Then a few more slips, slides and hops we arrived at the pension, not very gracefully, mud up to our knees, wet, dripping in sweat, cuts, stings & bruises, shoes full of water and mud. It was then time for a beer, a few snacks and a cold shower in candle light. After a hearty dinner it was then off to bed with another day ahead.

 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.