Existing Member?

Asia Adventure

Aching muscles & waterfalls

PHILIPPINES | Monday, 8 December 2008 | Views [1189]

Our great guide and 2 fellow travellers

Our great guide and 2 fellow travellers

After a great nights sleep we had a fantastic brekkie of local coffee and banana pancakes. We then set off somewhat sore to the nearby waterfall and a proper tour of the village. The village is built into the hill, there is no transport, the only way of getting goods to and from the village is by a rocky uphill path. There is very little electricity also. The rice is grown only for local consumption and not for sale, which is a pity as its completely organic and tastes great. The trek to to waterfall entailed another operation of zig zagging up and down the terraces and then up and down steps and rocks and a few jumps over some crevices. We eventually reached the waterfall in time for the sun to come out, this give us a chance to dry out our clothes and shoes and dip our aching muscles. Afetr 2 hours it was a very steep climb back to the village to have a look around and then back to the pension for lunch.We then had the hike back to our meeting point although in a different direction. Finally after another 3 hours we were back on our tricycles, & after a shower and dinner back on the night bus to Manila. This was undoubtly one of the best trips I was ever on and was a great way to experience the North of the country.

 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.