Existing Member?

Asia Adventure

Brunei & KL

BRUNEI DARUSSALAM | Wednesday, 26 November 2008 | Views [366]

Brunei

Brunei

Spent as great few days at the hotel, everything was included and the pool was great, there was only 4 other people in the Hotel so it was pretty quite, but great staff.

Went to Brunei after that, took an Air Asia flight, the first time in years I had to queue for check in, they still havent got the online thing going ! The first thing after spending a few hours in Brunei was to book an early flight out. There really is not a lot hjappening, and fairly boring. I was expecting a much more interesting country. There wasnt even a tourist office ! And it was really expensive for everything.

Had a really interesting speed boat ride to the next town thats in another region with Malaysia between the two. It was dead. Again the tourist office was closed and very little english spoken, but was a bit cheaper. Too expensive to any sightseeing in the national park and anyway you couldnt have booked a trip if you tried.

Arrived back in Kl at night and found the hostel pretty easily, didnt get up to much sightseeing the next day as the weather was really hot and humid, but looking forward to going back again. Got an early flight out the next morning @ 3 am and despite my best efforts at not having to queue at check in and being first in the queue they changed the checkin desk at the last minute. Had some delicous fresh egg fried rice and chicken for breakfast to keep me going for the next 6 hours until manila.

 

 

Travel Answers about Brunei Darussalam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.