Existing Member?

Our Travels

Geckos Tour - Day 7

CHINA | Wednesday, 25 July 2007 | Views [495]

We all got up super early and caught the bus to...wait for it...THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA.

We got there all prepared to walk up the mountain to the top which took about 3 hours. Although we all saw the gondala lift that tool you almost to the top and we all agreed to go on it. Thank god we did, it was still a pretty decent hike from where the gondalas are to the top.
We had a guy on our tour, no mentioning any names, who was scared of hights so we talked him into "saving" his energy by going on the lifts. The poor guy ended up going on and didn't look around much for the view. By the way the view WAS AWESOME!!! We both had to pinch ourselves quite a few times to believe we were actually here. One of the 7 wonders of the world and we where there, It can be seen from space!!! 

We walked to the furtherest end east of the wall where after that it gets really high and really dangerous. Our tour guide took us to a non touristy part so it was just us, it was soo great.
The wall goes on as far as the eye can see literaly. It is so high up and is still, to this day so well preserved. Just amazing, you all have to do it.

After we walked and walked and walked, up and down steep stairs we came to the end of our amazing experience. However we toped it of by catching a flying fox down to the lake where the bus was. This was sooo much fun. Jamie was a bit of a scaredy cat and had to do it only because I wanted to. I think his words were "I have to do it, if me own girlfriend is doing it" The big girl (Jamie) did it and had heaps of fun.
Our poor guy that was scared of heights took some convincing and the only reason why he went on the fling fox, was because Jamie yelled out "Oh, it's not too bad!". 
We all went out for dinner that night on a high!

Jamie and I both caught the flu and were really sick with the flu for the last few days before we left China to go to London. Therefore we didn't see much of Beijing.

Tags: Adrenaline

 

About jamie_candice


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.