Existing Member?

Our Travels

JAMIE GOT A JOB!

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 21 September 2007 | Views [1217] | Comments [2]

After lots of applications, phone calls and turn downs, Jamie is finally employed! He started working with a Roofing Company yesterday 20th. He is working with a good bunch of guys and the boss seems to be nice, as he lent us his work ute to Jamie to get to work because we haven't found a car yet. Only because it takes Jamie 5 busses to get to work which is like 5 hours or 30mins in a car, you do the math! It isn't what he is used to, as he is tilling on roofs at a 45 degree angled, in the wet weather. I'm a little worried that he might slip off the roof but he ensures me that it's all safe. Our little place is going well, we feel very at home. However we haven't met anyone to go and have drinks with yet, but we have found a really nice little pub nearby. So I think tonight (Friday 21st) will be a great night to go and meet some locals in our area and hopefully make some friends! We're not that ugly are we? (Rhetorical questions!!) Thanks for all your messages so far, it's been nice to hear from everyone.

Tags: Work

Comments

1

Heah Hip Hip Hooray Jamie Congratulations on your new job that did not take long at all you have now settled into domestic bliss for the next 6 months but that will go so quickly. Take care on the slippery roof now you know about Workplace Health and Safety? Well done Take care Love Mum xoxoxo

  Polly Stait Sep 22, 2007 11:20 AM

2

Hey Guys
Congrats Jim, do you want me to send you over some volley's (good grip) so I've heard from a roofer friend of mine.. Do you thing you'll be on Grand Design anytime soon?? (cool UK reno show)
How about that flat you can't half tell you guys are related to Chefs.. Way to go!!!
Loving the backyard at leasts it has a little Ozzy feel to it..
Anyway wish me luck on the 9th and I might see you over there..
Big Kisses
Big Sita

  Coni Sep 23, 2007 5:18 PM

About jamie_candice


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.