Existing Member?

Our Travels

We have a home

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 13 September 2007 | Views [727] | Comments [5]

Our first home together!

Our first home together!

Finally we have a place to call home for 6 months, our first time living together. We have two bedrooms, room for guests and a little back yard. Its very small compared to back home, but it is the biggest place we had looked at here.

The last unit we applied for at an estate agent also fell through. The estate agent phoned us a couple of days later to tell us that someone else got in before us. Then she was going to take us to look at a couple more units the next day. As we were walking down to the estate agent for our appoinment to view the properties she phoned us to tell us that one place had gone and the other place she couldn't get the keys for it. So we decided that we'd had enough and would just go private.

We had a look at two terrace houses. We were contacted by the landlords from an ad we posted on the gumtree website on the net. The second one we absolutely loved, they said that there was another couple that looked at it and they were looking for something a long term, but they would let us know the next day. So we weren't really expecting for them to approve us. The next day though they phoned to tell us that they picked us over the other couple, because they liked us.

We moved in on Sunday 9th. 5 days after we first viewed it. Our landlords are really lovely people, they drove us around the area after we first moved in and drove us to the grocery store, so we could stock up the fridge and then back home again.

The next day we went into town to apply for jobs at the recruitment agencies. Candice had two job offers that day and another the next day. She started work on the Thursday. So that has left me on my own job hunting, without much luck. Candice is working a hospital doing admin. Its her first day today so I don't know many details, but I'm sure she'll let you all know soon. I walked down with her to the bus stop this morning and waved goodbye, it is our first day apart in 4 months.

Tags: Work

Comments

1

Oh Jamie I felt so sad for you seeing Candice off to work just remember to have the washing done, meals ready and a big hug for her when she gets home from work. That is such good news about her work and hey you will be in the work force again soon, just enjoy being a house-partner or a kept man. Love you both Mum and Dad oxoxoxox

  Pauline Stait Sep 14, 2007 9:31 AM

2

Hi there I just went through the photos of your new home to-gether and congratulations it looks super. I am so excited for you both and Candice your uniform is very smart very different from the mines. We are getting so excited about our trip to see you and love the Auzzie Flag Love Mum xoxoxo

  Polly Stait Sep 14, 2007 9:39 AM

3

Congratulations, your new home looks really COOL !! suits both of you. A whole lot better than sleeping in a Backpackers at last a bit of privacy for a tap on the shoulder. Candice you look very professional and I LOVE your shoes bring me back a pair size 9 lol. We are so happy to see everything has come together for you. Glad to see the Australian flag being proudly displayed AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE you know the rest.
Love yas

  Helen, Jake & Jordan Sep 15, 2007 12:07 PM

4

Little Cherubs. look how settled and happy you two look. So defacto husband and wife now hey. Haven't looked at your journal well basically since I've been in Buller so about 4 months as have just been so busy. Just went through all you photos and most of your journal entries and you guys have had the most amazing journey. Congrats on the job Candice. Jamie, I sent you an email... so read it.... We leave here on Sunday and looking forward to our little holiday in Byron. Take care and love yas heaps!

  Sister Cindy San Sep 17, 2007 2:18 PM

5

Hiya guys! Oh my goodness, I did not realize what an adventure you are having! Haven't been on your site for ages.. You’ve got me pretty much packed and on the plane to hit the travel road again! I am shocked at your home set up... obviously it came fully furnished? Must cost a bucket load! It is so suave :-)
How are you enjoying Manchester? Getting cold yet?
After a long 4 months on the road I gather it must be nice to settle down a little.
Well, hope you keep having an amazing time and keep me daydreaming from boring old rocky. PS- Have you gotten up to the Lakes District at yet? I highly recommend Pooley Bridge & Ullswater :-)

  Tegan Buchanan Oct 19, 2007 11:05 AM

About jamie_candice


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.