Existing Member?

Our Travels

Chiang Mai - Bangkok

THAILAND | Wednesday, 6 June 2007 | Views [811] | Comments [3]

We returned back to 'Barfy' Bangkok via overnight train.
If we could bottle the smell of Bangkok i'm sure the lid wouldn't come off and it is sure to make you Barf.

We got in around 10am, and checked into a nice hotel for our last night in Thailand. Then we went to find this famous Grand Palace in the middle of town.

On our way there we encountered another lot of schemers offering/forcing 'free' dried corn to feed to the bloody pidgeons. Suposedly it's for 'good luck'. A young guy warned us of them before we went up. However they forced the seed into your hand and tell you to feed the bird.
Little did we know that the seed was actually costing us money. After we had fed the birds, the only line in english they know comes out of their mouths "MONEY, MONEY!!". Candice got really agressive with them, saying "you sid it was free". In her way, only friends and family can understand. 

When we finally got to the palace after all the fuss, it was huge. There were heaps if temples all in wonderful colours. We saw the Jade budda, which we thought would be a lot bigger!
We will post photos soon can't on this computer...so stay tuned!

THE GRAND FINALLY OF THAILAND...we went to the PING PONG SHOW!!!
As much as we would love to leave details on here, i'm sure Jamie would rather tell you in person. So you will have to wait till May 08. I'm sure you're all bitting at the bit to find out more details. 
Let me (Candice) just say it was an experience!!!

Then we headed to HONG KONG.

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

Hi there Jamie and Candice

Well a month has gone to-day and yes I have coped okay but now I should get to see you as that is normally the time between visits. It has been so wonderful reading of your adventures and you sound like you are having the best time. The way you are writing your trip really makes me feel like I am there in spirit. Could it be the Budda influence. I was on TV this morning Sunrise weather wagon was in town so there is no show without punch and yes I did the photo shoot to add to my brush with fame. All is well though miss you both Take care of each other Love you both Mum xoxo

  PAULINE STAIT Jun 12, 2007 1:04 PM

2

Hi intrepid travellers, sounds like Candice has experienced the smells of Thailand ask her about Rotoroua and the smell there...I seem to remember having to close every window in the campervan and a voice in the back saying let's get out of this town.
Glad you are coping with all the hassels from the locals, best thing is just keep walking...and finding out in Thai how to say go away and just keep repeating it.
All is well here we have had rain, not enough but turned very cold, zero at the airport yesterday morning. Time to light the fire.
Well you two take care of each other, the next time you will be in Cambodia...Don't mention Pol Pot especially as it is Pauline's nickname (Pol).
Luv to both of you...have fun, keep safe...Mum K.

  Lyndale Jun 13, 2007 11:07 AM

3

I know all about the ping pong show as I saw it last time I was in Bangkok. Only in Bangkok can you see something like that.

  miss_traveller Jun 17, 2007 12:23 AM

About jamie_candice


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.