Existing Member?

Our Travels

Bangkok to Hong Kong

HONG KONG | Wednesday, 6 June 2007 | Views [853] | Comments [1]

We caugh our flight from Bangkok to Hong Kong, wih plenty of time o spare. The airport in Bangkok is new and is HUGE, but really cold cause of the aircon being pumped up so high.

We got into Hong Kong and caught a transfer bus from the airport to the hotel. We met this guy from Germany traveling back home, that had been living in Australia.

The bus dropped us off down the bottom of this hill that we had to walk up to the hotel with our backpacks on. I wasn't far, but we thought tansfers were suppposed to drop you out the front. OH WELL.

The hotel we were staying at was very nice and close to most things.
The fist day we were supposed to do a shopping tour, but it wasn't booked - so we did our own tour.

We were shopping around for a new camera for Candice and we found out about the scams with cameras in Hong Kong. They intice you to buy one of the top of the rang cameras at a low price. Then when you agree to pay for it, they expect you to pay and then they go and get the item. Jamie had said no, and that he wanted to see the items first before we hand over and money. At this stage they then say that the item is out of stock! Little did we know that they have these other cameras there that they suggest you buy instead and they are heaps more money. Little schemers!

The next day we went on a tour around Hong Kong Island. It was alright they took us to another jewllery factory, that we are SO over seeing.

After that we just took the AWESOME railway system around the city.

Tags: Shopping

 

Comments

1

Hey Guys
Nice to hear from you, thought you dropped out for a while, still havn't started new job and starting to get the shits with the fact I'm turning down other jobs. But this is the one I've been waiting for so I'll have to wait. Training Tegan Kurts at the momment for my old job.. Kelly's baby is due on my birhtday so if that happens there will be one hell of a head wetting..

Ps. QLD won first two games of the S.O.O thought you might want to know... noting else to report..
Catch you later my little adventurers
Big Sita

  CONI Jun 14, 2007 6:19 PM

About jamie_candice


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Hong Kong

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.