Existing Member?

Our Travels

On the road again in Germany

GERMANY | Wednesday, 5 August 2009 | Views [476]

It was a very exciting moment when Cidy arrived back in Kothen at our little campground at 2am with their new mode of transport. We decided that long enough had been spent sitting, drinking and admiring our stream, so we packed up and headed for a new destination.

Cindy had bought a friend with her to keep her company on her trip from London to Germany which we were very pleased about, as we didn't want her to drive on her own. So Dave roughed it with us for a few days before we took him to Wurzberg train station and said our goodbyes. We then continued on from Wurzberg and headed down the Romantic road to our first stop at Rothenburg. This town was so beautiful with it's typical old German buildings. We walked around the old town wall where we could see the town from above and all the narrow streets with horse and carriages through it.

The next day we drove to a new town on the Romantic Road route, called Dinkelsbuhl which was a very coulourful town and lovely to have a wonder around in. We then kept driving and found a maze in a corn crop along the way where from the sky it was a piture of a wasp, but from in the maze, was very difficult to find the tower in the middle. We all eventually got there after trying to beat one another running around like little kids. Now the difficult part of getting out...we ended up walking through the undesignated path and through the crop to the start, cheaters!

The following day we drove the rest of the Romantic Road where at the end there is a lovely suprise (if you aren't aware of it being there, as Candice wasn't due to eveyone not letting her see postcards to make it a great suprise) of Neuschwanstein Castle. You come around the corner and there it is purched in one of the mountains glistning in the sun...gorgeous. We then went to find some tickets to go to this Castle, however the lineup was huge and there where people eveywhere, they must have had the same reaction of wanting to explore it.
So we ended up walking up the mountain to get to it, as it's beauty was just drawing us towards it. We got to the top where we were pleasently suprised that you could get inside the castle gate and into the courtyard without a ticket! As we walked around to where the viewing bridge was the view is just amazing with the lake and another caslte in the background. We took some photos from the bridge however being summer, scaffolding seems to be VERY popular in Europe!

 

About jamie_candice


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.