Existing Member?

Our Travels

Liechtenstein

LIECHTENSTEIN | Friday, 7 August 2009 | Views [689]

Well it's been a long time and more than likely we won't get it up to date right now but it's best to give it a go. 

We finished up in Germany at the end of the romantic road and decided to take a bee-line to Liechtenstein. We breezed through Austria, though we did go back later to take some more in, just stopping for a vignette (pre-paid motorway toll). We set up at a campsite that had the most gorgeous views of the apls around us and made the best of the light we had left and had a few beers and some spaghetti for dinner (once again).


The next day we headed to the high alps of Liechtenstein for a little look. When we got to the ski village, obviously no skiing now, we saw that there was a little pub on top of the mountain. Not wanting to pay for the gondola we thought it best to trek to the top, some of us in our pluggers. Of course with the prize being a nice cold beer we made it to the top of the mountain 90 minutes later. The real reward though was the glorious view of the alps surrounding us. Being able to see the Austrian and Swiss alps from the same point in Liechtenstein, with the sound of the cow bells down in the valley below us, was something that we stay in our minds for a long time to come.

So we had our beer and made our way back down the mountain to the car for the drive back to our little campsite. Later that afternoon we decided to take a little drive through some more of Liechtenstein. The drive went a little further than we though though and we ended up in Switzerland twice. After our nice little drive we went back to camp to get some much needed sleep for the drive to Austria.

About jamie_candice


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Liechtenstein

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.