Existing Member?

Our Travels

We're not living in London

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 4 February 2009 | Views [544] | Comments [1]

Well it's been a while since our last update so I'll try to fill you all in. We left King's Lynn and went down to London for a week to look for a place to rent. From the story heading you can probably work out that we didn't have too much success with that one. We found a couple of places, but of course without jobs it’s hard to commit to anything. So we basically abandoned all plans and decided to just wait until Brett arrived. Naturally, and true to previous form, picking Brett up from the airport was another failed mission. After giving up on finding a place to live in London we went to visit Kevin Kidd in Welwyn Garden City, about an hour north of London, for a couple of days. The night before Brett was to arrive the south of England received the most snow they have had for 20 years. Most of the roads were blocked off and nearly all the public transport services were also shut down. So with no way to get to the airport and no way to contact Brett to let him know that we wouldn't be there, thought it best just to wait for his call and go and build a snowman. The day after Brett arrived and made his own way to the backpackers, we left our car at Kevin's place and caught the train into London to meet Brett at the hostel. We were only one stop away from the station we had to get off and as we were readying our bags to leave a bloke came up and stood right in front of Jamie. Wondering why the man was standing so close him he looked up only to see it was Brett. He had just got on the underground to quickly get back to the hostel and happened to get on the same carriage as us. So we spent a couple of nights in London and found a place that we could rent on a short term basis for 3 to 6 months. It was in a large share house and we would have had to share the one room for the 3 of us. After spending the afternoon feeling particularly miserable about living in London, Candice especially, we changed our plans and took of the next day to travel the south west of England and see if we couldn't find ourselves a nice little town to live in.

Comments

1

Happy Birthday Candice. I am worried as I love hearing all the news and this journal seems to have stopped or have you all been so buzzy sighseeing. Alls well love you all Mum S xoxo

  mumma bear Mar 20, 2009 12:15 PM

About jamie_candice


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.