Existing Member?

Our Travels

So far in the UK...

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 26 January 2009 | Views [572] | Comments [1]

We stayed with Doug and Celia for three nights before we bought a car Vauxhall Corsa (Holden Barina - to Jamie's delight).
We left for Manchester the day we bought it and where a little disappointed in the purchase as it had a few things wrong with it:

Speedo and odometer  weren't working, engine light kept coming on, cigarette lighter wasn't working so we couldn't get the SatNav working and had to find our own way through London without a map (except for a sneaky peek at a servo), muffler was making a horrid sound at idle. But it’s all working fine now thanks to some new fuses.

We got to Manchester and checked into a hotel and went to one of our favorite pubs for dinner (Mums and Dads- Athenaeum, the old bank with the nice ceiling). The next day we went to visit Jamie’s old boss so we could pick up our belongings they were kind enough to look after while we were back in the nice warm sunshine. After spending a couple of hours catching up with them we drove to Kings Lynn to stay with Carla and Anthony while we try to get ourselves sorted and find ourselves one of those job things. Not much to be found over here though.

So far we’ve been staying with Carla and Anthony for a whole week, which we thought we would have jobs and a place by now – but times are tough. We headed to London over Australia Day weekend for Carla’s Birthday and for us to view some houses.
 
We viewed two properties which were awful, amazing how photos can do a place justice. Considering the fact that the second house we viewed was above a shop and looked so old and run down, it looked a whole lot better than the first when we found out the next day that there had been a stabbing near the fist property we had viewed!

That night we showed Carla and Anthony around London by night and ended up at a few Walkabout bars seeing as though they haven’t been home for a year, it’s the closest thing.

On the way back to Kings Lynn, we decided to go over London Bridge for Carla's Birthday, which was very exciting!

HAPPY AUSTRALIA to everyone, hope you all had a great day in the sun. We head to London tomorrow to have a look at a few more places, fingers and toes crossed that we find a place!!!

 

Comments

1

Ahh the Athenaneum, I remember it well, nice place and CHEAP drinks! Go the double shot spirits for 2.49! xo

  Flick Feb 1, 2009 10:57 PM

About jamie_candice


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.