Existing Member?

Our Travels

Scotland Part 2

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 3 January 2008 | Views [595] | Comments [1]

We headed up to Ulapool which is the furtherest north we have ever been and stayed at a B&B there. The place was an old Medical Practice and had stuffed animals which made it really creapy.
As we came up the stairs to our bedrooms there was a really aweful smell. Desleigh decided to have a sniff in the cupboards and see where it was coming from. As she opened the doors to the cupbords and started preeching that the smell was infact coming from in here and said "quick come have a sniff", the owner was in the hallway watching what she was doing and conciquently asked her 'Can I help you?' (Had to be there moment but $hit it was funny!) So we were branded the trouble makers from there.
The next morning for breakfast we had a 'nice' change from our cooked bacon and eggs and had smoked Haddock, which we will never EVER eat again! Bruce seemed to be the only one who acctualy liked it, or who could tolorate it!

We then set off for Isle of Skye driving down from Ulapool down the coast line. We must have pulled up and got out to take photos a hundred times as it was just so pretty.

Before we headed over the bridge to get to Isle of Skye we pulled up for fuel. Whilst filling up the car it started SNOWING, the most craziest feeling. We asked the lady in the petrol stationa d she said it was the first snow for the season so we felt pretty special. After leaving there we drove through really thick snow, which was scary but soo much fun! 
We then headed into Portree for the night and after lots of looking around finally found a cute little B&B tucked away with a little old lady running the show.
The next day we drove around the whole Isle of Skye and just looking at all the pretty sights. We stopped in to see Dunveagan Castle and it was raining when we arrived. The castle was lovely with a nice view outside and beautiful gardens with running waterfalls. Desleigh happen to come accross this BIG green door when we found a sign with: "Please keep this door closed to keep the Rabits out", it's not in China it's in Scotland! Only the Aussie will know this add.

Wer then headed away from Isle of Skye and onto Glasgow where we met up with out mates from Melbourne that we met in Bath Stacey and Heath.
Glasgow was still all set up with it's Chrstmas lights and Ice skating rink. We then headed to the pub for a few pints to catch up and wind down from a big day. The music in the pub was too load so the parents decided to call it a night. However us 'young ones' dicided to take the local knowledge of Stacey and Heath and headed to 'The Aches' a cool little pub, very retro but still awesome.

Next day we headed back to Manchester so Jamie could sort out this 'WONDERFUL' car of ours. We had called the brake place a couple of days before to tell them that we would be there to pick up our car fist thing. However due to our car being pre-owned by a machanic (BAD MISTAKE) he had bodged the whole car and the break place had heaps of trouble trying to find parts to fit his dodgy work. Jamie and Gary had to wait a couple of hours before it was ready but they managed to get it done that day! YAY!

Tags: Sightseeing

 

Comments

1

Hey candice, where are you guys at the moment?? We live in central London. Would be good to catch up if you around

  cheyne meehan Jan 23, 2008 4:07 AM

About jamie_candice


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.