Existing Member?

Our Travels

Liverpool and Rome

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 8 January 2008 | Views [849] | Comments [1]

After getting our wonderful car back we headed to Liverpool the next day so we see all the Beatles stuff for Pauline before we headed to Rome.
We arrived at the Beatles museum and Pol was having a good old cry before even entering the building...HUGE FAN! Due to us having our wonderful SatNav we then headed to Strawberry feilds and Penny lane before dropping the hire car back . We then headed to Mathew Street and went to The Cavern where the Beatles used to play all the time and engraved our names in the walls!

That night we stayed at the worst and WAY to overpriced for what you get hotel, Travelodge AKA Terralodge. As we checked in Pol and Gary had to change there room as someone had been getting a litle bit high in the room the night (as you could smell it) and decided to slash the seat aswell! So they changed rooms!
We had ordered a 6 seater taxi to take us to the airport the next moring and after the state of the hotel we should have known ordered our own taxi as they only ordered us one 4 seater! Which just topped our crappy stay at TRAVELODGE.

We got to the John Lennon Airport and went to check our bags in. However we were ALL over in weight and had to wear and cull as many clothes as possible, as Ryan Air only allows 15kgs MAX! Only the women packed too much in their bags as the men would tell you.
We then checked in underweight and were headed on our way to ROMA!

We got there and the weather was cool but not as bad as UK. We ended up finding our way into the city via bus and train, then Jamie directed us of how to get to our Hotel. We were just waiting to see what our hotel was like due to the night befores little horror. To our great surprise it was lovely! Which put us in great spirits for the next couple of days.

Tags: Sightseeing

 

Comments

1

liverpool - This was the most wonderful moment being in the home town of the Beatles - I could hardly believe I was acrtually their as they were my favourite band of all times and I was going to marry Paul McCartney when I was 16-17. I even stood in the garden of John and Pauls growing up homes - Ah.
I will never forget this part of our wonderful holiday with Jamie and Candice. I was in another world for a day. Thank you both so much for showing us all Beatles memories and do have you with us made it even more special. Love Mumma Bear xoxoxox

  polly Mar 13, 2008 1:48 PM

About jamie_candice


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.