Existing Member?

Our Travels

Scotland Part 1

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 27 December 2007 | Views [499]

We had christmas with the parents and had a great time with Rumbos all round. With the help ofour wonderful mothers we had a awsome Christmas lunch to help us continue our 'christmas nap after a big meal' ritual. 

We then got organised and hire a car and headed to Scotland. Our first stop was Edinburg for New Years which was all set up for there celebrations. We went to a couple of pubs and had a few drinks then admired the fireworks display at the end of the night.

Our parents then went to the Edinburg castle the next day whilst Jamie and I stayed in the car and watched a movie on the DVD player in the car, oh the luxturies! 
We then left and headed to Perth for the night. We stayed in a B&B and headed to the pub for a counter meal. As we were leaving the pub, we ran into this guy 'Donny' who's parachute failed to open after going sky diving. He is lucky to be alive and has recoved only due to natural therapy.

We then headed to Inverness for lunch and then to Drumnadrochit on the Lock ness where we stayed the night. We Stayed at this little church that had been turned into a B&B. The people there were really nice and the B&B was so pretty. You could see the stars on a clear night from out your bedroom window whilst in bed, it was great.

That night we had to hunt around for some food. The only place we could find was really overpriced. However we still had a bit to eat there, as it was too cold to keep hunting around for something cheaper.
After dinner our B&B owner had told us that down the road at another pub the town was holding a 'Keely' (I think thats how you spell it). Which is a extended new years celebration where it is like a kareoke night and anyone can get up and dance sing or even play a musical instrument. It was the best night, because we got to see taditional scotish dancing singing and playing of the bag pipes all for the small price of a few pints...Well maybe not a small price, due to how many rounds we had!

The next day we drove the whole way round the Lock Ness trying ever so hard to locate Nessy. We are sure we found her several times, however with no photogrphic evidence...but we did see her honest! The veiws and small little villages from around the Lock where just soo pretty. We then headed back into Inverness for lunch and then onto Ulapool for the night.

Tags: Sightseeing

 

About jamie_candice


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.