Existing Member?

The Great Trek

Jo'Burg to Cape Town

SOUTH AFRICA | Monday, 26 January 2009 | Views [429] | Comments [4]

Hi All

So we've made it to Cape Town after a 26 hour slog on the train, wow...that was a test of our character! We're staying on the busy and bustling Long Street, a backpackers mecca. Lots of travellers here and they do know how to party, into the small hours...whilst us oldies are in bed by 9pm!! LOL

Yesterday we took an open bus tour around the Cape Town area, taking in all the amazing sites and getting seriously sunburnt, rooky mistake! We've been at Blue Mountain Lodge for the past 2 nights and are moving to a place called Zebra Crossing for Tues and Wed nights, (at foothills of Table Mountain)then onto a place called Afrique du Sud for the duration of our stay (near the beach) before we fly to Bangaluru on Thursday next week (5th Feb).


We're both falling pray to the insects which is a bit uncomfortable but nothing we can't handle.

Some photos are on now so happy viewing.

Speak soon.

Licci & Jay

xxxxxx

Comments

1

Hi Jay and licci,

I have seen your pictures they are so wonderful mufasa looks so lovely too!.

So happy for you both, Hope your having a brilliant time!

Take care of yourselfs

Angie :-)

  Angie Jan 27, 2009 7:54 PM

2

Photos are really good .Love to you both .Mum and dad.

  Dad @ Mum Jan 28, 2009 5:52 AM

3

Photos are great, you look like you are having a great time. Have fun on your travels and it would be good to see you if you are stopping this way....

Emma

  Emma Price Jan 31, 2009 4:08 PM

4

Hi Alicia,

What a bunch of wonderful pictures ! It seems like you are having a really great time and I hope you do.

Through your blog, I am having a great holiday ... so keep up the pics and the writing.

Have fun !

Chris

  Chris Pellow (Scotland) Jan 31, 2009 7:39 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.