Existing Member?

The Great Trek

On the move again!

SOUTH AFRICA | Wednesday, 4 February 2009 | Views [576] | Comments [2]

Hi Everyone

So we've come to the end of our stay in South Africa. To be honest we'll be glad to leave given our experience.  In case you hadn't heard, we were mugged at knife point about a week ago, the ba****ds got away with our brand new SLR camera with all our lovely pictures and our mobile phones.  They actually took both our day-bags (as well as Jay's wallet & watch) but eventaully our personal stuff was handed in after being lobbed into someones back garden!  We were chuffed to bits to see our diaries and travel books etc!  We came away unharmed physically but we both took a bit of a mental beating and hadn't felt like doing much else.

So, onwards and upwards, can't let the ba****ds get us down.  Gonna see if we can pick up the same camera cheaply in either India or Hong Kong.  Will also get an India pay as you go mobile and we'll put the number on here as soon as we do.

Gutted about losing the pictures, but least we got a few on here to treasure the memories of happier times in South Africa.

Ta ra for now!!  Happy snowman building in the UK!

Licci & Jay

xx

Comments

1

Snow mungus !

  GWA Feb 5, 2009 6:37 PM

2

I'm loving the snow! The only day I had to go to school this week was Wednesday; it was shut all the other days!

  Molly Feb 7, 2009 2:20 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.