Existing Member?

The Great Trek

Sat 17th - 21st Jan 09

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 22 January 2009 | Views [430] | Comments [3]

Hi Everyone

Sorry we haven't been in touch lately, we've been very busy!!  Sunday 18th went on a tour of Jo'burg city with our guide Jan.  He took us to the Calton Centre for panoramic views of the city, 50 stories high! amongst other things, we went to Constitution Hill and drove past the Ponti building and surrounding parks, lots of memories for Jay being a small boy here 20 something years ago.

On Tuesday we went to the Lion Park (Licci's favourite day so far!).  They let you play with young cubs, but they were fast asleep and Licci wanted to wake them up! 

On Wednesday we went to Pretoria and visited the Voortrekka Momunent and museum, plus a visit to the Klaaporkop fort used in the Boer War.

So today is Thursday and it's our last day at Mufasa Backpackers.  We'll be sad to say goodbye to the guys here as we've made some good friends, but we have the overnight train to Cape Town to look forward to, we arrive there on Sat afternoon.

Posting pictures is difficult to do but we keep trying, watch this space!

Licci & Jay

xx

Comments

1

27 years ago to be exact. Enjoy your train journey.X

  Dad H Jan 23, 2009 6:04 AM

2

Hi Guys!
We're enjoying your trek so far. Keep the notes coming!!!! Luv Amanda, Alan, Ewan and Cameron XXXX

  Amanda, Alan, Ewan and Cameron Jan 23, 2009 9:28 AM

3

Hi both all sounds exciting so far, is it hot?
mumx

  Karen Hazell A.K.A mum Jan 25, 2009 11:17 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.