Existing Member?

The Adventures of Quirky Finn A girl who laughs, talks, smiles and does the most random things in the world travels around her home corners and the entire world. Dreams and Thinks. These are the travels of a quirky Finn.

Lahachowk Through My Eyes

NEPAL | Friday, 17 July 2015 | Views [525] | Scholarship Entry

The story of Heta, that is me, begins on the 11th of July 2014. 12 months ago I graduated from the University of Aberdeen in Scotland.I graduated with an undergraduate degree in English and Film with Visual Culture.

Only thing about me that existed before graduating was my love for moving image. Before graduating I acted as a president for the filmmaking society, took part in lectures organised by the international relations society and acted as the in-house photographer for the fashion society. Cinergi, as the filmmaking society is called, is still the reason why I fell in love with film.

After graduating I spent few months serving coffee at my job in the local art house cinema. In August I packed my bags and took on the biggest adventure of my life, so far at least. I moved to the rural village of Lahachowk in Nepal. I worked as a volunteer for a local NGO. My job was to film for them, and the film I have submitted is my take on my adventure.

I have never in my life filmed and photographed as much as I did then. I was more certain than ever that moving image will have a part in my future but simultaneously I was more confused than ever what that future was to be. I am still searching for that answer. And I am happier than ever before in doing so. Confused Heta is turning into Heta 2.0 through all the exploring into possibilities.

This search has now led me here. Next step is in your hands! I really hope you like the film and help me take the next step!

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About hetahannaloviisa


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.