Existing Member?

Ranch Life Adventures

Washing Day

USA | Tuesday, 20 October 2009 | Views [438]

Monday: tomorrow I'm off to my first farmers market. 

We'll be on our way EARLY in the morning, with various errands to run before we get to the marketplace, and take our hour for setup. But that i can tell you about later, today we got organised for this event.

The beef is kept here on the ranch in 3 large freezers, which we went through, emptied, defrosted, and reorganised to make sure no meat is left behind. Now don't be mistaken, this was no small task, it took us a good portion of our day, till after lunch. So once the meat was sorted we went through to fill orders that will be picked up tomorrow. For all the time spent working in the freezers, i was surprisingly hot- evidence that we were working hard!

Being on a ranch, things get dirty, so after all the sorting we needed to wash the Ute and trailer that we'd be taking to the markets. A large task made easy (and a little fun) by the aid of the power hose. :) We now have a nice shiny Ute and trailer to sell our beef from.

To round off the day, i continued with my practice of putting out the corn bales.

About hadassah


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.