Existing Member?

Ranch Life Adventures

To market we go.....

USA | Thursday, 22 October 2009 | Views [442]

5.20am the alarm goes off and the day begins.

pre-pre-dawn and we are packing the last few items into the ute that we will need for the markets. A little after 6 and we are on the road, first stop  Dyer Dairy where we collect some raw milk (non-homogenised, non pasteurised) cheeses to sell. One more quick stop for an egg delivery, then we're almost there.

At about 7am the sun finally graced us with its presence, with a beautiful orange glow, we didn't stop for pictures though. Onwards we go, and we make it to Sun City Texas, the venue for our Tuesday markets.

As we set up, I start to meet some of the other regular vendors, great people whom I'll get to know well over the time I'm here. 9am rolls round and we begin the sales, we were kept fairly busy, busy enough i didn't think to get any pictures. Before I knew it, it was noon and time to pack up, the morning had flown by, but rest assured you will see pictures from the next markets we are at. :)

As we continued on our way, we stopped at the drive through bank to make a quick deposit.....yep. drive through bank tellers, and ATM's.

America, land of the super-size. We went to McAlister's for lunch, and the meal came with drink, now i was expecting an average, small or medium size - instead she gives us these HUGE drinks. Which apparently are a medium... and when the sandwich's came out, well I can't say they were stingy with the chicken.

As we searched for work clothes, steel toe boots and all the rest, I have decided, that they are much wiser in jean sizing here - I wear an 8x34. They actually have a wide variety of lengths in all sizes of work jeans, meaning i have finally found a pair of jeans which easily are long enough!! yay for me :) boots on the other hand were a little more tricky, I don't think Texan women have large feet, i ended up needing mens size boots. But work boots are work boots, it doesn't matter what they look like, just that they are comfortable and protect my feet. So I am now all kitted out like a working cowgirl, the hat, belt and fancy boots are still on there way....

Time again ran away from us in the afternoon, but we got home in time to take Eric to karate, and for me to put out the bales for the cattle.

As we checked the weather, before heading to bed we saw a front coming in from the North West, and one from the South East - chances of tornadoes, and flash flooding, the weather now though hasn't come in a quick as anticipated, so its unlikely to be harsh storms in this neck of the woods. Cold weather most definitely - I'm very grateful for the warm jacket we picked up yesterday :)

About hadassah


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.