Existing Member?

Ranch Life Adventures

Fencing

USA | Sunday, 18 October 2009 | Views [519]

17 oct

17 oct

From today I am able to add  new skills to my CV - Fencing; electrical.  & Driving a tractor.

This morning was my introduction to fencing. We loaded up the bucket on the tractor, and filled the basket on the quad and off we went.

I have to say, that pounding in fence posts is a great way to tone your arms..... ;) though my arms aren't too sore as most of my job was to lay out the string in line for the next section of fence - which equates to a far bit of walking back and forward, up and down the paddock.  Lucky for me, today was perfect weather for fencing, it started a little chilly in the early morning, but quickly warmed up to be a beautiful sunny day with barely a cloud in the sky.

I also had my first lesson in driving the big tractor. It was simpler then i thought - the gears the same as a car, corners well. The most i was cautious about was making sure i didn't hit anything with the front bucket. But with a little more practice I'll be putting out the hay bales like a pro.

Finishing off the day I joined Sara for dinner with the rest of the delegates from the Devon conference held this week. The best part of the afternoon was the horse drawn buggy, tour of the property.

Make sure you check out the pictures of tonight's sunset - beautiful.

About hadassah


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.