Existing Member?

Edge of Chaos 2011/2012

MIAMI!!

USA | Friday, 27 May 2011 | Views [274]

other than the saturday night we didnt really exurt ourselves in miami..we were staying in a cracking little hostel that overlooked the strip and we spent alot of time just watching the world go buy..and the hundreds of pretige cars..i have never seen so many luxury cars..it equalled monaco for posers and as such everything costs a fortune..the beach was beautiful, typically american but there was always something going on which was cool..

we spent the sunday night at the cleavland and wached the miami playoff game which was really cool, everyone was going wild..luckily they won!

Now, the saturday night!! We had beers on the roof top of our hostel and then we went to meet brodski (who was in town for his brother bucks)..we had vodka at burger king (a clear sign of our financial position) and then headed to the hotel he was staying at..beers were off the charts expensive but we got amongst it as best we could..when they stated that they were all going to a club with a $150 cover charge we respectuffuly declined..we were also dressed like homeless ppl and thought that we would have much chance of getting in..however, once we were back at the hostel we decided to give it a crack..

After brodski bribed the doorman $100 they let us in and we joined the bucks party for a few hours of madness..we were skulling all types of spirits out of $150 botttles and mixing with the locals..once we finished there we met up with a friend of a friend and ended up cruising round in his BMW..we ended up at one of the nicest and most expensive clubs in miami and skipped the que and the entry fee (apparently this guy was pretty well connected!!!)..we continued the madness there, until i bailed with the bucks party back to their lush hotel..we smashed some chicken and i bailed at about 7am, leaving shirt and shoes behind..i couldnt find the exit to the hotel and ended up having to jump the gate in underground parking..i had no money but convinced a taxi driver that if he took me home id run in and get him some..luckily this worked..

It was a cracking evening and was by far the most "cultural" experience we had in miami, rolling around in rags amongst the rich and famous and attracting alot of attention along the way!!

The trip to canada was seemless and it was awesome to see corey and gab..we had a delicious mid night bbq with beers and wine..it was great to be in a home again anf eating good food in good company..now to find a place to live!!!

About grizzly_bear


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.