Existing Member?

Edge of Chaos 2011/2012

29/1/2011

ARGENTINA | Monday, 31 January 2011 | Views [619]

THe 28th was a very slow day, didnt achieve too much.. was very hung over. gathered thoughts and go my shit together. had a delciious coffee in a leafy cafe.

THe 29th was off the charts..best day yet. We woke early, about 5.30. It was a shitty nights sleep due to noise and heat so getting up was a pleasre. we were under the impression that the bus ride to our destiation would be about 3 hours. It turned out to be 6. the landscape is reminiscent of aus. I have never seen so many police in my life on the highway..ridiculous..

We went to a town called mar del plata..a coastal town..the contrast between houses 2k from the beach and 2.1k from the beach was astounding..so much wealth alonside so much poverty.

The set up was insane. So many people, a concert, bars, beautiful women. We spent the majority of the day in a high society pool party. Celebrities, models...and us..getting loose. We had beers and relaxed in the pool, took in the amazing sighhts and chilled with our fellow travellers (we have become quite close with a lot of people and have sum what of a possee at the moment)...feeding off each others stupidity..

There were so many peopel down on the beach, 4wds and quad bikes..

After the beach we went o a boca juniors game vs san lorenzo..it was like nothing i have ever seen. The hooligans are crazy, and given who we were with we were protected by them. we were smack in the middle of it and it was crazy..the game didnt start till 10pm and 4 2 hours in constant singing and dancing..we met some coool people, an american who we can stay with in chicargo and many others.

The bus ride home was the best sleep of the trip, air con and no noise. Yew. The polic stopped us at 3am thinking we had being causing trouble with the hooligans but that was soon cleared up..we go back to the hostel at 6am..a fucking epic 24 hours..

About grizzly_bear


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.