Existing Member?

Edge of Chaos 2011/2012

A quick reflection on South America..

USA | Sunday, 22 May 2011 | Views [397]

Over time i will no doubt add to this i.e thoughts, comments and ideas..but i though id make a start while some things are still fresh..

First of all we could not have asked for things to go better for us over the 4 months..with the exception of my shit getting stolen, everything basically went to perfection..we had no major transportation, health, criminal, accommodation or violence issues..something we are very thankful for because at times it was nothing but sheer luck keeping us safe and out of harms way..

Secondly as sad as we all are to have left that magical wonderland i have the feeling that any longer than 4 months would probably have broken us..The partying, the traveling, the delicious but often extremely unhealthy food, the lack of sleep were all starting to make an impression on us..having said that if we had of stayed for another 4 months nothing would have changed..because it is simply to much fun, making it impossibly difficult to pull yourself up, no matter how bad you feel..So a forced break was probably the only way to maintain some resemblance of sanity..no doubt we will all return in some capacity one day..

The places we have been really speak for themselves.. From the natural beauty of the devils throat at iguazu falls, to the absolute unbridled insanity of Salvador carnival we truly have been blessed to experience such places..and until we all get old and lose our minds (which hopefully doesn't happen) im sure we will never forget these places and experiences..and even then there will be this journal and the amazing photos..winner!

The people we have met along the way we also owe a great deal of gratitude to as they truly did make it a more memorable experience..in the 4 months of traveling i think it was just the 3 of us for maybe 2 weeks..the whole time we were moving around the continent with other amazing people..from foaks and foals (Brisbane boys), to bunday, pricy, perry, benny, sos, duncan (the Melbourne crew), Em and Chloe (Manchester girls), Cazzy Ebba and Meg (the outrageous Sydney girls)and towards the end Tommy and Tony (the insane English lads)..we couldn't have asked for better traveling companions, always pushing each other and making sure that we were all having a cracking time..

It wasn't only the other ppl we traveled with that made the trip so amazing..i couldn't have asked for 2 better lads to share the experience with..over 4 months of seeing each other just about every single day there were no massive blow ups, no built up animosity, nothing (but sexual tension)..although we are all individually quite different we seemed to complement each other on this trip to perfection..

We also owe our parents a massive massive thanks..primarily for giving us their blessing and encouragement to quit our "grown up jobs", move out of our apartments and fuck off overseas for god knows how long..without your acceptance of this trip it would never have been nearly as enjoyable..

So, after 4 months of insanity we are all lucky enough to be moving onto a new adventure..where that leads us only time will tell..but im sure it will no doubt be yet another amazing and character building trip..

la vida es buena..

Now, for a night out in south beach Miami..yah

About grizzly_bear


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.