Existing Member?

Edge of Chaos 2011/2012

THE bus to lima and the begining of colombian carnage (14/4-17/4)

COLOMBIA | Monday, 18 April 2011 | Views [778]

The supposedly uneventful 4 hour bus ride from huacachina to lima turned out to give a little more than expected when i had my documents, watch, laptop and toiletries bag stolen from the bag under lachs feet..

we didnt arrive to lima until around 6, but which time it was too late to get any help from the aus embassy (although we did try)which meant it would also not be possible to catch the flight to colombia at 5.30am the next morning.

After the initial anger had slightly subsided and we did all we could that evening we made our way to loki lima and settled in for a few beers with foaks and foals..the boys sorted me out with some money and a debit card (as they would still head off the next morning to colombia) and away the night went. THings got pretty wild at the bar, with a fire extnguisher being let off and several other unreportable incidents taking place...

Once the boys had left i went out with seb (a german i had met whilst n exchange in boulder) and his friends..we went to a couple of reallly nice bars and at one i was dancing on the table with a peruvian girls and we both fell off sending glasses and table s everywhere..it ws classic..we both got kicked out for the incidednt but were subsequently allowed back in after persistant pleading..we finished the night with a massive maccas feed and slept away the annoiances of the day..

The next morning, still intoxicated from the night before i made my way to the australian embassy (it was lucky the docs were stolen on the way to lima as this is the only embassy in peru) and began sorting the mess out..they were extremely helpful and had an emergency passport ready that afternoon..

THe comical highlight of the day was taken by the lima police station..after talking them into letting me make a statement (they wanted me to come back the next day for some reason), they took me into the questioning room, where several poor bastards were hand cuffed to chairs and proceeded to yell at each other until they found one of them who could speak enough english to take my statement. With law and order on the TV in the back ground he opened up and exercise boook and away we went..for my copy he just photo copied the page of the book and stamped it!

By the time i got back to the hostel at around 4 i had caught 8 taxis and spent a hell of a lot of money but fortunatley was in possession of both an emergency passport and a police certificate which was a grand result, much better than i had been expectng..that night i sorted out a new flight to colomiba for 5.30 the next morning and had a good chat n skype to rach and the fam..

THe flight was uneventful, accept for the 40 min grilling i got trying to get through peruvian immigration (as i had also lost my entry slip) and i arrived in bogota buggered and looking forward to a ciesta..BUUUUTTTT

on arrival will and i were propositoned with the opportunity to be extras in a colombian drama TV show and as such we accepted (as they would pay us $40 aus for the days work)..at first we had no idea what we had signed up for (maybe porn, maybe a music video???)but were excited for the oportunity of such a claim to fame..we sat around for 4 hours, had a buffet lunch and then got to play our parts..will was a doctor and even got to say a line (ïm sorry, he passed away¨) and i was a prisoner in chains..it was an amazing and hilarious experience (it was a huge professional studio)and one we will never forget..

That night we partied at the hostel and then caught the party bus to 2 awesome clubs (one on the 30th floor of an apartment building)..we ran riot with our mate charles and met some really nice locals on the way..i retired semi early (4am) as it had been an epic day and the boys arrived home around 6.30..story of the night goes to lachlan who paid the security guard at our hostel $20,000 COS to taser him..hahaha..one of the funniest vidoes you will ever see..

was a hectic and memorable 48 hours to say the least.....

Off to Medillien tomorrow (the home of the famous pablo escobar)which im sure will live up to its hectic reputation....yew

About grizzly_bear


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Colombia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.