Existing Member?

Edge of Chaos 2011/2012

16-19 feb - iguazu, bus trips and a bullet hole..

BRAZIL | Sunday, 20 February 2011 | Views [338]

We caught the bus to igiaza during the day..the aircon fucked up so we switched buses mid way to ensure comfort levels were maintained.

THe hostel that we were staying at in iguazu (the hostel inn) was amazing..full resort style hotel with a massive pool, decks etc..we chilled on the first night, we ran into some old friends aND had beers y the pool..still had the runs pretty bad so always keeping an eye on that..

We woke at a decent hour on thursday and made our way to the falls..we caught th train ou yo the devils the devils throat..it was fucking amazing..the most insane natural formation you could ever imagine..so much water just cascading over hugge cliffs..it was truely breathtaking and worth the effort..we walked for most of the day checking out the remaining sections of the falls.

In the afternoon we took a jet boat ride to the bottom of one of the falls and around the river..we got right up underneath the falls and the boat was flooded by the end of it..it was insane..

we got back in the afternoon and chilled by the pool, made a few new friends, stole dinner (cause we ran out of pesos) and had beers till about 2..

It was an epic bus ride to brazil..we caught the first bus at 11am and didnt get to florianopolis until 9.30 the next day..it was simple getting into brazil (they didnt even see our faces just our passports)..

THe bus trip was uneventful accept for the fac that some guards attempted to hold us up..the bus driver took off and the guards shot a hole in the cabin window..!!!insane..we slept through most of it but seeing the bullet holes in the moning and the wrecklessnss of the guards served as a reminder to keep our wits and trust no one..a big pat on the back was given to the driver casue if he hadnt of taken off we would have all been robbed at gunpoint..

Currenyl sitting in an amazing little hostel on the south brazilian coast getting ready to go to a day party..already been for a dip with the footy and the skim board..beautiful area..many stories to come..yew

About grizzly_bear


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.