Existing Member?

Edge of Chaos 2011/2012

Wineries, bikes, hiking, rapelling, thermal springs

ARGENTINA | Friday, 4 February 2011 | Views [359]

Epic couple of days in mendoza..its a beautiful town, leafy, well laid out, friendly locals. THe morning we got in we met up with a couple of girls and a lad we knew from BA and launched into a bike tour of the wineries. we taxied it out to mr hugos, and from there nicko, elliot will lach myself and the 3 others cruised some beautiful wine country. at each winery we tasted 4 wines (which were all amazing) so by the end of the bike trip everyone was getting pretty wreckless, crashing into each other, losing chains etc..we finished a a beautiful little beer garden in the middle of a paddock, would love to see more bars like it in aus..

back at mr hugos we met an english couple and sat around the table for a couple of hours watching the sunset, drinking cup after cup of free wine, antagonising each other..it was a great time.

we cruised back to the hostel with the intent of going out but go settled in the hostel drinking long necks and talking..i got in a mock fight with the english girl, threw my thong at her, missed and smashed a long next on th fron desk..it was hilarious and ws taken reasonably well..haha..lach picked up a granade and we all chilled!

The next day was awesome..we were bused up into th mountains (snow capped) and we went hiking through some beautiful country..there were a couple of heavy argentinians with us so the going was slow but fun all the same..the guide, marcelo was awesome and as we were the only english speaking people on tour made an effort to sommunicate with us..we absailed 3 cliffs..a 12 m, 7m amd 40m. It was so much fun..especially the 40m drop..little hairraising at first..once we were finished we went to some amazing natural hot springs..it was ike a medieval wet and wild..people everywhere but so nice..like nothing i had ever seen..so much fun..

we cruised back to th e hostel, had a ciesta then went to a pizza and tequila party..all you and can drink and eat..they were pouring tequila ito people mouths from the bar it was loose!!! chilled on a roof top bar, walked home, and slept like a baby..

About grizzly_bear


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.