Existing Member?

Mi Querida Sudamerica

Sucre

BOLIVIA | Monday, 21 January 2008 | Views [444] | Comments [1]

We finally made it out of Tarija!! we arrived in Sucre yesterday morning. The bus ride was probably the coldest and most dangerous i have experienced.  The road is narrow, not paved, and there is a clif on one side at all times.  Maybe it wouldnt be so bad for a car with 4 wheel drive, but with a coachbus its a near death experience. on top of it all it was foggy and rainy, I had close the curtains because i couldnt bear to look. 

When we arrived I was nearly frozen, but thanks to god our hostel has hot water in the shower, a rare find here.  The tourists in our hostel are mainly from argentina, some from chile, a very laid back and friendly crowd. There is free breakfast (just bread and coffee) served resturant style at big shared table with a bunch of fellow tourists which makes it easy to get to know people.

We spend the day hanging out in the city, there are not many tourist attractions, but the city itself (and the view of the mountains) is beautiful.  Evertything looks very colonial cobblestone roads etc. 

Last night we went out with some of Erikas friends that I met last year, first to a party sponsered by a phone company so everything was free, then we went to the discoteca (club). It was overall a good time, but we lost Erika and im still not sure exactly where she is, lol. Today we are taking it easy, buying some indian goods, walking around, relaxing. Tomorrow we leave for Uyuni at 7 AM to see the salt flats. We cant reserve a hostel in advance so we just have to wing it when we get there.

I hear the road to Uyuni is another bad one, we shall see.

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

wow wow wow... i need to keep up to date on these - to read them all at once is overwhelming!! i feel like a mom worried sick about my little one. haha. glad to see things seem to be a bit more in control now... have a blast chica. you're in all of our thoughts and prayers. love love love

  laurena Jan 21, 2008 11:40 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.